INFORMATION ELIZABETH ARDEN COLLECTS
Personally Identifiable Information
When using or participating in the EA Channels, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personally Identifiable Information ("PII"), which is information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally. For example, we may seek PII when you register with us or at other times, such as if you choose to participate in a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotional event. PII may include:
- Contact information (such as your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number),
- Screen name and/or a password, where applicable
- Demographic information (such as information about your age or gender)
- Information regarding your interests or similar information
- Content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses, or comments)
- PII of a friend (or for a friend to provide such information about you), such as a name or an e-mail address, if you choose to e-mail a friend in connection with a special promotion. The e-mail addresses you supply to us for these purposes will not be used to send to your friend other e-mail communications, including promotional materials.
PII will only be collected when it is voluntarily provided to Elizabeth Arden. You can always choose not to provide certain information but then you may not be able to fully participate in the respective EA Channel.
By providing Elizabeth Arden with your contact information, you expressly authorise Elizabeth Arden to contact you by any of the contact methods provided.
Non-personally Identifiable Information.
We may also collect from you non-personally identifiable information, such as an IP host address, the pages viewed, the browser type, website usage, and other data which does not identify any individual ("Aggregate Information").
When your computer contacts our web servers (for example, when you visit our website or view an HTML e-mail), Aggregate Information may be collected automatically. We also may determine the applicable technology available to serve you the most appropriate version of a web page, e-mail or similar service.
Cookies and Tracking Technology
In addition to cookies, our website may use a variety of other technical methods for tracking purposes, including web beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of websites. Elizabeth Arden may use these technical methods to analyse the traffic patterns on the website, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the website.
Third-Party Web Analytics Serviced
We may use third-party web analytics services on this website and/or our social media platforms, such as Google Analytics. Google Analytics uses technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use the site. The information collected through this means (including IP addresses) is used to evaluate use of the website.
To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
HOW ELIZABETH ARDEN USES THE INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information.
PII submitted to us may be used to:
- Deliver the services you request
- Keep you informed about changes affecting our services or your account
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Chat with you or respond to your inquiries
- Communicate with you about new products and their launches
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, our events, contests, sweepstakes, surveys, and other promotions
- Operate and communicate with you about our website or social media platforms
- Evaluate, improve, or enhance our business
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and/or our policies
II may also be combined with information available to us from other sources.
We may share your personal information with:
- Our retail and promotional partners and/or their service providers if necessary to conduct joint promotions
- Other third parties with your express consent
Elizabeth Arden may disclose information about you if required or permitted to so do by law or legal process, including:
- in connection with the sale or merger of Elizabeth Arden or the division responsible for such services
- as required by courts or administrative agencies
- to the extent required to permit us to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, our policies, or the rights of third parties or any other suspected conduct we deem improper.
Non-Personally Identifying Information.
Elizabeth Arden may use and disclose Aggregate Information to improve and enhance your experience on our website and for other purposes. For example, from time to time, we may use and share Aggregate Information with third parties to show general demographic and preference information among users of the website. In these circumstances, the shared information will neither contain nor be linked to any PII.
NOTICE REGARDING CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OLD
Elizabeth Arden recognizes the privacy interests of children and encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. Elizabeth Arden does not target its services or any of the EA Channels to children under thirteen (13). Nor does Elizabeth Arden knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
OPT-OUT POLICY / ACCESS TO PII
If you wish for us to remove your PII from our active records, please click the unsubscribe link from the Elizabeth Arden e-mail you subscribed to. Please be aware that we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. You may also opt out of emails you receive from Elizabeth Arden by clicking here.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. You may do so by sending a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
USER FORUMS/SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
The security of your PII is very important to us and we take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect it from unauthorised disclosure. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Elizabeth Arden, or information stored on our website or our servers, will be completely free from unauthorised access by third parties such as hackers. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect, including limiting access to the PII contained on our servers. Only those employees who need access to your information to perform their duties are authorised to have access to your PII.
LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Our website and social media platforms may contain links to other websites not maintained by Elizabeth Arden, and other websites may reference or link to the EA Channels. These other websites may set their own cookies, collect data, solicit PII, and/or have their own privacy policies. We encourage you to be aware when you leave an EA Channel, and to read the privacy policies and terms and conditions of each and every website you visit. Elizabeth Arden is not responsible for the practices or the content of other such websites, expressly disclaims any statements or assertions made on such websites, and denies all liability associated with your use of, and the content on, other such sites.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
Information provided by you to Elizabeth Arden is maintained in the United States of America. Please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using or participating in any of the EA Channels and/or otherwise providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
ACCEPTANCE AND CHANGES TO POLICY
HOW TO CONTACT US
Elizabeth Arden (New Zealand) Limited
Private Bag 99923
Newmarket, Auckland 1149